The Office of Professional Development (OPD), a key unit of Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center (BYLC), provides world class professional development training exclusively for BYLC graduates with an aim to prepare them for successful careers for public, private, and civil sector. OPD provides holistic, intensive, and interactive training that focuses on all aspects of career development and also provides job and internship placement services exclusively for BYLC graduates.
The Manager/Deputy Manager, Office of Professional Development (OPD) will provide learning opportunities for professional development of BYLC Graduates and work to place them in full-time or part-time roles with leading organizations of Bangladesh.
Amongst many exciting challenges, the Manager/Deputy Manager will;
- Play an important role in planning and developing strategies
- Engage potential recruiting partners to assist them with strategic recruitment and talent sourcing
- Network with recruiting partners and aware them of the value proposition of hiring from the BYLC graduate network
- Design a robust curriculum to increase the employability rate of BYLC graduates and constantly update the curriculum based on job market trends and employers’ expectation from job applicants
- Lead the teaching and facilitation team for OPD and ensure their proper training and mentorship
- Work with the curriculum team to develop video lectures for dissemination though our online platform
- Create effective video courses on various topics of professional development
- Monitor financial flows and report to donor organization
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree from any discipline with minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 from a top tier university in Bangladesh or abroad
- 3-6 years’ of relevant experience
- Organized and systematic way of working with high attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for improving the professional lives of the youth
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla
- Personal qualities should include excellent presentation skills, creativity, integrity, commitment to public service, independent thinker, team player
- Competitive salary with housing, health and travel allowances
- Training on leadership and communication from internationally renowned experts
- Voluntary opportunities for youth leadership development
- Working in a multicultural environment with diverse and talented youth from Bangladesh and abroad
- Develop support capability and critical thinking skills while working with team members to provide assistance as assigned
Deadline for application: December 17, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Apply by filling out the form below. Your resume should include complete details of work experience, academic performance, extracurricular activities, and names and contact details of two referees.
If you have any further questions or concerns please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org