Ensure that BYLC is adequately equipped at Head Office and Branch Office with necessary human resources with relevant skills, knowledge, capacity, and attitude for demonstrating BYLC’s values; effectively and efficiently achieving BYLC’s vision, mission, and goals; and contributing to BYLC’s growth and sustainability.
● Contribute to: develop/review/update/implement and promote organizational vision, mission, goals, and values
● Also develop strategies, plans, budgets, and guidelines
● Ensure a positive, proactive, productive, and decent work environment
● Ensure abidance of BYLC policies, country laws, and regulations by all staff
● Safeguard and protect the life and dignity of students, stakeholders, and staff as well as the assets and property of BYLC
● Play a lead role to develop and keep updated a Human Resource Management and Development Policy (which will include Gender Policy, Protection and Safeguard Policy, Policy Against Sexual Harassment, Grievance Management Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, etc.) and its implementation strategy and plan.
● Develop a grading system for pay and benefits of staff
● Ensure gradual modernization of staff facilities in line with the budget provision and maintain standard practices.
● Design and give shape to the Human Resource Management and Development department of BYLC.
● Ensure the necessary availability of human resources for BYLC’s growth and development in line with BYLC’s Strategy 2023 – 2027.
● Ensure the development and proper execution of a Human Resource Management System (HRMS) for BYLC.
● Coordinate with the IT department, and Finance and Admin department for effective implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) related to HR functions.
● Ensure availability of necessary policies, guidelines, and tools
● Ensure availability of necessary human resources
● Ensure the quality of human resources
● Ensure the effective and efficient management of human resources
● Ensure growth and development of Human Resources within the organization
● Ensure capacity development for efficiency improvement and growth of team members and the institution
● Ensure a collegial, conducive, and professional work environment within and among teams/departments/agencies
● Provide directives and motivate staff to perform duties with diligence and integrity.
● Develop and use tools to monitor the physical and mental health and well-being of staff
● Organize team-building events, celebrations of national days, and birthdays of staff and board members.
● Master's degree (minimum 2nd class) with a major in Human Resource Management and Development
● An advanced degree will be preferable.
● Relevant training from credible institutions.
At least five years of practical experience in Human Resource Management and Development with at least two years in a similar leadership role.
Required technical skills:
● Excellent computer operating and G Suite skills (including Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive) including MS.
● Demonstrated experience in the latest HR software, programming (e.g. HRMS, ERP etc.), and other tech-based solutions for HRM&D business processes.
● Demonstrated experience in HR related essential skills e.g. recruitment and selection skills, strategic HR skills, planning and implementation skills, training skills, coaching and mentoring skills, conflict resolution skills, project management skills, people analysis skills
● Excellent language skills in both English and Bangla with impeccable grammar cognition
Required soft skills:
● Analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving
● Ability to build rapport with staff and different stakeholders
● Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy
● Teambuilding and inspiring proactiveness
● Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication (both English and Bangla)
● Public speaking, Integrity, Interest in knowledge sharing, and continuous development
● Organized, can work under stress, and multitasker
● Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
● Self-motivated, adaptable, agile
● Team player and passion for social development service
● Ability and willingness to travel and work on weekends and holidays if needed.
3 years (possibility of extension)
● Competitive salary with housing, health, and travel allowances
● 2 festival bonus and performance based yearly increment
● 6 months of paid maternity leave
● 15 days of paid paternity leave
● 15 days of paid child adoption leave
● 30 days of paid prolonged illness leave
● 18 days of paid annual leave, 10 days of paid casual leave, and 14 days of paid sick leave
● Work in a multicultural environment with diverse and talented youth from Bangladesh and abroad
● Access to world-class leadership and professional development training.
Send your CV with a cover letter (mandatory) to email@example.com mentioning the position name in the subject line.
Deadline of application:
December 15, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.