To seek, review and process new investment opportunities and manage, grow and network portfolios.
● Develop, strategize, manage and monitor investment opportunities through an accelerator program.
● Develop programs, events and schemes for Ventures and BYLC.
● Design and give shape to the Ventures Department of BYLC.
● Ensure and work for achieving BYLC’s growth and development in line with BYLC’s Strategy 2023 – 2027.
● Coordinate with the IT Department, and Finance and Admin Department for effective implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) at the department.
● Ensure all organizational policies are updated, properly filed, available in both
● English and Bangla, read and well understood by all staff during induction, and followed by all staff in their day-to-day conduct of tasks.
● Nurture and ensure strict professional behavior and attitude of the Ventures department at all times.
● Ensure all staff maintain strict cleanliness, safety and protection of office premises, assets, facilities and properties.
● Ensure strict confidentiality of information, handing of BYLC documents and other internal and external communications by all staff.
● Develop and roll out Zero Tolerance Policy against Corruption, Mismanagement, and the breach of BYLC Values.
● Proactive in fund mobilization and revenue generation for the organization and for the department.
● Proactive in marketing and branding BYLC and its work.
● Collaborate with all departments and with management for smooth functioning of the organization.
● Support the board with new business development to ensure sustainable growth of the organization
● Design SOP’s and manual for the pre accelerator Selection Bootcamp, Accelerator Program, Post Accelerator growth program
● Ensure effective implementation strategies and policies which will help the
organization to execute events and grow the footprint of Ventures.
● Develop necessary tools and ensure their use to gain insights on portfolios and potential investable opportunities.
● Deal sourcing and due diligence on potential investments
● Conducting research that cuts across macro, sectors, and industries, to tie into investment theses
● Preparing financial models and analysis where required
● Managing and updating the deal pipeline and all information systems relating to deals from sourcing to exit
● Preparing deal memorandums and risk assessments for all new and follow-on investments
● Preparing research reports and decks for the board members
● Managing tracking and reporting efforts for existing portfolio, including valuation of portfolio companies and other special projects
● Supporting the portfolio with their needs, especially follow-on funding
● Speaking at events to build networks with ecosystem players
● Scout and engage with startups that may be keen to join the programs
● Work collaboratively with the Program and Portfolio, Ventures Team to schedule the program sessions and ensure smooth execution of the program and work closely with startups and relevant stakeholders
● Prepare program briefs for the startups and support startups with their onboarding and participation during the program
● Support start-ups in the understanding of the markets in their respective vertical through industry research and outreach
● Facilitate workshops, sessions, talks and meetings with startups to understand their challenges and take notes of startups’ meetings with mentors / partners / companies
● Synthesize learnings of the startups from the program, consolidate feedback from mentors and prepare individual reports for the startups
● Provide support in the broadening of the mentor network
● Manage a range of media channels to share innovation insights, successes and thought leadership (social media, videos, articles/blogs)
● Help establish the ecosystem roadmap, identifying priorities, gaps, and detailing strategy and where BYLC can fit it.
● Develop and maintain a network within startup ecosystem
● Establishing capital and industrial partnerships with promising players in private organizations, pipeline VC’s and government organizations.
● Establish and define a supply chain innovation community of start-ups/ sme’s, corporates, government bodies and educational institutes. Create an ecosystem for value exchange to lead to commercial product development
● Identify and assist the fundraising department in raising funds from Donor agencies, organizations, government, private sector partners.
● Master degree (minimum 2nd class) with major in Finance, Accounts or Business
● Advanced or Professional degree will be preferable.
● Relevant training from credible institutions.
Minimum 10 years of experience and 5 years of specific experience in investment (Private Equity, Venture Capital, Principal Investments, Corporate finance, Investment Banking, Financial Advisory, Merger and Acquisitions)
Required technical skills:
● Familiar with startups and innovation programs
● Ability in developing and designing the curriculum for the accelerator program
● Ability in designing the pedagogy for the accelerator program
● Ability to perform investment appraisal techniques (i.e. DCF, RevenueX, Balanced Scorecard)
● Ability to perform financial modeling and analysis with a strong business acumen
● Able to learn quickly and operate independently
● Sound knowledge, expertise and working experience at Secretarial, legal and financial compliance matters (i.e.
● Income Tax Ordinance 1982, VAT Act 2012, Customs Act 1969, Companies Act 1994, and any other relevant rules
Required soft skills:
● Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving
● Ability to build rapport with staff and different stakeholders
● Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy
● Teambuilding and inspiring proactiveness
● Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication (both English andBangla)
● Public speaking
● Strong interest and affinity for technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, innovation, and
● Organized, can work under stress and multi-tasker
● Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
● Self-motivated, adaptable, agile
● Team player and passion for social development service
● Ability and willingness to travel and work on weekends and holidays if needed.
3 years (possibility of extension)
● Competitive salary with housing, health, and travel allowances
● 2 festival bonus and performance based yearly increment
● 6 months of paid maternity leave
● 15 days of paid paternity leave
● 15 days of paid child adoption leave
● 30 days of paid prolonged illness leave
● 18 days of paid annual leave, 10 days of paid casual leave, and 14 days of paid sick leave
● Work in a multicultural environment with diverse and talented youth from Bangladesh and abroad
● Access to world class leadership and professional development training.
Send your CV with cover letter (mandatory) to email@example.com mentioning the position name in the subject line
Deadline of application:
This position will remain open until the vacancy is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.